The NAIGC is a Non Profit organization led by a Board of Directors. Individuals on the board oversee board activities, vote on decisions and action items, and help develop the NAIGC’s strategic goals. The NAIGC is currently a working board with no staff, so directors, along with non voting advisor members, are responsible for the implementation of the NAIGC mission.
If you would like to still volunteer your time to the NAIGC, we hope you consider applying as an advisor. Advisors are non-voting members who assist the board in any volunteer or consulting capacity. You may apply as an advisor anytime during the year. Advisor applications will be reviewed by the board three times during the year, once in June, once in September, and once in December. To be considered in time for these reviews, please apply by June 1st, Sept. 16th, or December 1st.
Advisors typically serve on at least one committee:
- Policy committee members review and create multi-page policies, and discuss pros, cons, consequences, and implications of potential policy decisions.
- Communication committee members outreach to new clubs and create resources that help clubs navigate the NAIGC.
- Technology committee members discuss pros, cons, consequences, and implications of potential IT decisions, and develop and implement IT changes, tools, features, etc. Coding is primarily done in php scripting language.
- Event management committee members discuss NAIGC hosted events (sanctioned meets and camps / clinics), determine criteria and target number of events, determine needs of event hosts, and coordinate resources (money, people, equipment, supplies, etc.) for these events.
- Merchandise committee members develop and maintain a selection of NAIGC branded merchandise; and coordinate storage and shipping of merchandise.
- Fundraising committee members pursue fundraising opportunities, and reach out to potential donors, sponsors, etc.
- Scholarship committee members administer the NAIGC Scholarship program and maintain scholarship funds.
- Men’s and Women’s rules committee annually review and revise the NAIGC Competition Rules.
To apply as an advisor, please fill out this form.