Annual Meeting 2020
The NAIGC annual meeting will take place virtually through Zoom on Thursday, April 16 from 9:00 – 10:00 p.m. EDT / 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. PDT. At this meeting, which usually takes place on the Saturday of Nationals, the NAIGC leadership will give an overview of the past year, with topics including the effect of the coronavirus on organization and our financial health, updates on Nationals 2021, Nationals 2022 location reveal, and our many exciting new initiatives we undertook this year outside of Nationals. There will be an additional half hour for open discussion topics immediately following the meeting from 10:00 – 10:30 p.m. EDT / 7:00 – 7:30 p.m. PDT. As in typical years, at least one representative from each NAIGC member club is required to attend the annual meeting. A Zoom link and logon instructions will be sent prior to the meeting.
Rhode Island Convention Center
The community division originated because there are some clubs whose schools will only provide funding for nationals if it is a collegiate-only competition.
When the NAIGC was created, it only catered to collegiate clubs. As athletes graduated, they couldn’t find a venue for continuing the sport of gymnastics, so the NAIGC stepped up to fill that need. This is aligned with our core value of providing radical opportunity.
Why does the NAIGC allow men to compete in women’s gymnastics and women to compete in men’s gymnastics?
Allowing cross gender competition aligns with the NAIGC’s core value of providing radical opportunity. Gymnastics is one of the few sports that offers different opportunities based on gender, and the NAIGC is working to provide equal opportunity for all participants.
The scoring software used by the NAIGC is custom to the organization because our rules are so unique in order to cater to all the needs of our members. This software is built by a corps of volunteers on top of their full time jobs. Every time we change the rules in reaction to membership feedback, major software changes are required. The board recognizes this is a huge area for improvement and has placed high priority on related tasks.
Top of session qualification requires enough information about each team to properly seed sessions. Due to inconsistency between scoring across the country, lack of sanctioned meets, and the low number of competitions offering certain levels, fair session seeding is not possible at this time.
For WAG developmental, we do not have enough participation to warrant offering finals. In 2019, developmental had half the number of participants as Level 7 and Level 9. For MAG Developmental, we don’t have enough space in finals because all levels must share the same equipment.
MAG has no uniform deductions, so wear proper attire for doing gymnastics. WAG gymnasts should compete in a leotard or singlet. Shorts are allowed, but should be black or match the main color of your top.
Non-NAIGC members may purchase banquet tickets through the NAIGC store online.
You can sign the Nationals waiver here. Please login with the same account you used to register for Nationals.
- Remain a part of their Alma mater's club and participate on a community team within the club.
- Form a community club with other alumni/adults.
- For Nationals: Create a temporary team to compete with people in their region, former teammates, or other NAIGC Alumni friends.
- Compete with the NAIGC Alumni team, which serves as a generic place for members not affiliated with an NAIGC club to gather and form teams of multiple disciplines and levels.
- Fees paid for any part of NAIGC Nationals, including individual registration, team fees, and banquet tickets are eligible for a full refund or transfer within the same club. You may also transfer funds for an individual to a different club, if approved by the purchaser. We will provide refunds up until the beginning of open stretch of a team or individual's assigned first session of competition.
- NAIGC Club and Individual membership fees are not refundable or transferable. Errors in purchasing may be address if reported within a reasonable time frame.
- Admissions to NAIGC Nationals is non-refundable.
Questions? Email email@example.com