NAIGC Club membership is open to any gymnastics club with college-aged or adult participants.
Individual membership is open to any adult interested in competing gymnastics.
If you are interested in starting a new club at your school, please review the new club start up kit for comprehensive information.
As each school and university is different, it is a good idea to first reach out to your school’s club or recreational sports department to learn about any requirements/mandatory items that may not be listed here.
• Club officers – President, Vice President and Treasurer are good basic positions which help organize and run the club.
• Representation in your school’s “Club Sports Council”
• Practice space – can be the same as your school’s Varsity team, other on-campus practice space, or an off-campus local club (USAG, YMCA, AAU, etc.)
• School approved Charter/Constitution/Bylaws
• Insurance (if not covered by your school’s policy) – options include AAU and USAIGC.
• Coach and/or Supervisor – not required by the NAIGC but may be required by your school. It never hurts to have one if available.
• Money – School fees/dues, league fees (NAIGC individual membership fee, club fee), workout facility fee (if necessary), competition fees, uniforms, and team apparel such as tshirts, sweatshirts, pants, warm ups, etc. Make a budget to help new members understand required and optional costs. Some schools may provide funding to club sports, so be sure to discuss this with your club/recreational sports department.
In an effort to increase the opportunity for gymnasts to continue competing in college, we have created a scholarship program for the NAIGC! This year, we will be awarding a $1,500 scholarship to two male and two female athletes who are graduating high school and plan to join an NAIGC club team. For more information, please visit our scholarships page.